- This course has passed.
Introduction to Robotics & Automation
Category: Industrial Digitisation Technologies/Industry 4.0
14th December 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT
This CPD unit is available to any employer and their employees who will benefit from the course and is at no cost to the employer.
The overall length of the unit (including the remote tutor-led element) is 2 1/2 days with 1 day of remote tutor-led learning and the other days consisting of self-directed learning and an assessment.
This is a level 3 course.
ESP units at Level 3 cover core and foundational aspects of a topic to provide an introduction and overview of a topic. Units are accessible to learners who have studied STEM subjects at this or lower levels, but are also suitable for learners with higher level qualifications in other STEM areas/disciplines seeking an introduction to emerging technologies.
Knowledge : Has factual, procedural and theoretical knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to complete tasks and address problems that while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine. Can interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas. Is aware of the nature of the area of study or work. Is aware of different perspectives or approaches within the area of study or work.
Skills : Identify, select and use appropriate cognitive and practical skills, methods and procedures to address problems that while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine. Use appropriate investigation to inform actions. Review how effective methods and actions have been.
The learning outcomes for this unit include:
• Understand control principles and working regulations for robotics and automation.
• Understand sensors, actuators, and control device functionalities and relevant application.
• Demonstrate design principles, integration of digital work instructions and use of electronic devices, robotics or automated material handling systems.
• Demonstrate implementation, regulations and fault finding of robotics and automated systems, instructions and use of electronic devices, robotics or automated material handling systems.
• Demonstrate implementation, regulations and fault finding of robotics and automated systems.
Please note that these courses have been developed and are made available during the term of the Emerging Skills Project, under a Department for Education funded programme for companies and individuals resident in England . If you are interested in the courses but are not resident and therefore ineligible to join one of the no-cost pilot events, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss alternatives.