- This course has passed.
Manufacture in Additive Manufacturing
Category: Additive Manufacturing
March 28 @ 10:00 am - March 29 @ 4:00 pm BST
About this event
This CPD unit is available to any employer and their employees who will benefit from the course and is at no cost to the employer.
The overall length of the unit (including the remote tutor-led element) is 2 days.
This is a level 3 course and will be delivered by the team at 3D360
ESP units at Level 3 cover core and foundational aspects of a topic to provide an introduction and overview of a topic. Units are accessible to learners who have studied STEM subjects at this or lower levels, but are also suitable for learners with higher level qualifications in other STEM areas/disciplines seeking an introduction to emerging technologies.
Knowledge : Has factual, procedural and theoretical knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to complete tasks and address problems that while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine. Can interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas. Is aware of the nature of the area of study or work. Is aware of different perspectives or approaches within the area of study or work.
Skills : Identify, select and use appropriate cognitive and practical skills, methods and procedures to address problems that while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine. Use appropriate investigation to inform actions. Review how effective methods and actions have been.
The learning outcomes for this unit include:
• Compare the 7 processes their technology, applications and output.
• Examine the four-stage method of selecting the most suitable process for a particular requirement.
• Outline the fundamentals of the AM manufacturing process including Powder handling & management and Directed Energy Deposition configuration.
• Apply the process selection method to case studies using primary and secondary down selection outcomes.
• Apply best-practice process selection methodology to a requirement capture for your chosen component.
• Identify the metallurgical principles of metal AM and how they affect material properties during the manufacture of your parts.
• Outline the file management and data strategy for AM.
• Correctly identify methods for best practice powder characterisation for Additive Manufacturing in your organisation.
• Correctly identify methods for best practice powder handling for Additive Manufacturing in your organisation.
• Correctly identify methods for best practice powder management for Additive Manufacturing in your organisation.
• Apply best practice safety guidelines when handling loose powders during a variety of processes
Please note that these courses have been developed and are made available during the term of the Emerging Skills Project, under a Department for Education funded programme for companies and individuals resident in England . If you are interested in the courses but are not resident and therefore ineligible to join one of the no-cost pilot events, please contact us (email@example.com) to discuss alternatives.